Here are six of the many ways we can all conserve and protect our water.
1. Drink the water from the faucet and drinking fountain,and use reusable water bottles instead of buying plastic bottled water.
2. Keep the water clean/ don’t litter/ recycle
3. Save water in the garden ~ Plant native plants/ don’t overwater/ water early or late, not the hottest part of the day
4. Use Water saving devices ~ low flow shower head/ hose sprayer/ faucet aerators
5. Be a water detective ~ Get leaks fixed inside and outHow to check your toilet for leaks:
- Lift off the toilet tank lid.
- Place one dye strip/tablet (or 5 drops of food coloring) in the toilet tank.
- Wait 30 minutes. If water in the bowl turns that color, you have a toilet leak.